Menu

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Eileen's master





















As you can see from the photos the room started off very dark. The paint color was left over from the previous owners. As much as I like the color red, it just wasn't working in this room. The furniture was very traditional, dark and large. There was only one window in the room for natural lighting. I wanted to keep everything light to expand the space and make it appear more spacious. I started off by choosing a lighter wall color. The bed needed to be light in color as well as texture. I made a white reversible duvet cover with gold accents on one side and a soft overall pattern on the other side. I added the Toile print pillows to add a touch of blue to the bedding so that it would tie into the ceiling color as well as the master bathroom wall color. The same fabric was used for the bed skirt. The room also had blue-gray carpet that needed to work with the design. There were some rust color accents used before that I wanted to reintroduce to the room. The rust accents gives the room the punch it needed. I did a simple pencil pleated drapery with blackout lining. The one request from the husband. The end results looks more polished and pulled together. It's amazing how a little color change can improve an entire room. It's truly is a master bedroom retreat!